Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Treasures Here On Earth

As a parent, I'm learning what my treasures here on earth are.  What things do I gasp and make an effort to protect as the little ones are discovering their world?  What things would I be upset or bitter about if they were damaged?  Do those things really matter?  I mean, really?

I think it is important to model a respect for our belongings and especially other people's property.  I'm just learning to what extent I'm going to jump around trying to protect or hide objects.  We are not in this world for our stuff.  

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  Matthew 6:19 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment