Saturday, July 31, 2010

So This Is Respite

JJ began weekend visits with her parents.  From Friday evening until Sunday evening she is away with her parents.  Jonathan and I realized how our home life has changed since she joined our family.  The most obvious thing has been the volume level in our home.  When JJ is around there is constant noise.  She's either talking, creating sounds with her mouth, clapping, tapping, or banging objects.  All of this is usually quite loudly.  Sarah sings and talks while she plays but no where close to as loud as JJ's noises. The volume level increase is affected by the girls repeating each other's words and noises often but even when I'm just with JJ, noise is constant.  It may be physically impossible for her to be quiet. Even when she sleeps, she snores.

During our weekend we got a chance to remember what our family is like without JJ.  It is so peaceful.  At one point Jonathan and I allowed ourselves to realize that our life could have been like that for the last 3 months.  Peaceful.  We also realized that our selfishness could run wild with that thought and so we must take that thought captive and submit it to Christ.

I wish I could glorify our choice to become foster parents but I can't.  It just is and we really feel like we should be doing what we are doing because JJ deserves to be loved and live in a safe place. 

We are enjoying our weekend respites.  I'm quite thankful for the chance to recharge and mentally prepare myself for another week.    

No comments:

Post a Comment